Friday, April 30, 2010

Sisters!

I have to admit, when I found out I was expecting twins, I hoped for girls!  Mostly becuase I knew they were identical from the start.  I LOVED having a son, it was so new to me after growing up with 5 sisters and dozens of female cousins.  But becuase I knew they were the same gender, I thought it would be nice to have 2 girls.  Sisters.  Of-course I would have been terrified thrilled to have 3 boys, but I wanted a daughter.  I wanted share that bond that a mother and daughter have.  I'm pretty sure we are done with babies.  Rick wanted 2 kids and I wanted 3, so I got lucky!  Most parents would agree with me when I say, I can't imagine things any other way.  I love that the girls have an older brother to protect them and they can't get enough of Jackson's silly faces and funny dance moves.  Jackson is a total momma's boy and always has been.  I can already see that the attachment Ava and Emma have to Rick is just amazing, and sadly much stronger than any attachment they seem to have to me.  They love me of-course, but they don't look at me like they look at their father and they don't cry when I leave the room, the way they do when he does. 

I can't imagine my life without any of my sisters.  We are all so different and although we drive each other crazy, we have a bond that is unbreakable and we truly love each other unconditionally.  Ava and Emma have such a remarkable connection and I am so happy that they have each other.  I do sometimes worry that Jackson will feel like the odd man out.  He loves them so much though and he is a great big brother.  Even on his freshest day, he's almost always kind to his sisters. 

It's just amazing how close the girls are.  I am not sure if  it's because they are twins, or becuase they are identical, but hey really love each other.  They play together.  They hold hands.  They are so alike in so many ways and in others they couldn't be more different.  They are not just sisters, they are best friends!








































































































































Tanya

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet post. It made me think about the connections between my kids. I too am very happy that i have boys and a girl. We are done with children, but we may have tried once more if we didn't have a girl this time. Your daughters are very cute and I can so see the resemblance to your son. They have the same eyes.

    ReplyDelete