Monday, January 18, 2010

My New Years Resolution...

... Sort of.  I don't really love the idea of a New Years Resolution.  To me, it just seems kind of temporary and I think we all need to examine our lives, habits and relationships and commit to make changes for the better... regardless of the time of year.  It just so happens that this year, I was ready to start changing my eating habits, get more exercise and loose some of this "baby weight".  Truly it's not really fair to call it that, since most of it was here pre-pregnancy.  It's just shifted.  The timing was right, so on January 1st I (like millions of others), logged onto Weight Watchers online and had my first weigh-in.  It's not a good number, not even a poor number... it's BAD.  It's not going to be easy, but I can do it.  I ave lost weight before on weight watchers, 37lbs actually!  I know the plan works (for me) and I need the structure, the freedom to eat the foods I love and the accountability that WW provides.  I am scared and excited, disappointed and anxious.  I am dreading passing up Cheesecake on my Birthday, but I am also looking forward to seeing the number on the scale go down.  I am looking forward to feeling good, feeling healthy, going for walks with my kids, getting back to the gym, discovering new healthy foods, and fitting into the designer jeans (from Marshall's of course) that my mom bought me for Christmas 2 years ago that are hanging in my closet with the tags still on them.

So far I am down 5.5lbs, I lost 3 the first week and 2.5 the second.  Weigh-in is Monday morning and I promise to try my best to continue to post my progress.  I was a little bummed to see that I only lost a few lbs the first 2 weeks.  Of-course any loss it great and I am happy that I have been successful so far.  I just remember that last time I started WW and I think I lost like 7lbs my first week and 5 my second!  I was also working out then and this time around I started with the healthy eating and counting points first and have yet to join a new gym.  I LOVE the gym I was going to, but simply can not afford it and, I have not been very good at getting out for walks with the kids this winter.  I just don't feel like getting them all bundled up and getting my beast of a stroller out.  There is no excuse though, If I want to loose weight, I need to MOVE.  So I am going to join a cheaper gym that has a nice sitting room.  My super-fit sister and Marathoner girlfriend both belong to the same gym, so that will be both helpful and miserable at the same time!

My friends Mamma Joss and Goddess in Progress have been so inspiring and super successful, because of their dedication to their weight loss/get fit goals!  I need all of the help I can get, so I am hoping you will all support me.  Share your success stories, recipes, thoughts and tips.  Please don't be shy, lord knows I am not!

Tanya

3 comments:

  1. Go Mama!!! You are doing AWESOME :) You are SUPPOSED to lose at the rate you are...it's healthy and you will be more likely NOT to re-gain...so you are doing AMAZING!!! I'm so excited and proud of you. Thanks for the link-y love...I'm trying and it IS hard, but sooo worth it. Great post - keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you starting WW. I need to do that too. In the past, I too lost weight like 30 pounds on WW. One day I'll get there. I also have baby weight that is not just baby weight but pre-pregnancy weight too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great start! How are you doing with it now?

    I'm right there with you, though I've never done WW before. Still not sure what weight loss method I want to try. My "I sure hope I lose this weight" method isn't really working out for me :)

    ReplyDelete