Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update:

Emma was discharged from the hospital yesterday morning, just as Ava was being admitted!  Yes, that's right.  Ava was literally being checked in right across the hall, while my mom was helping me to gather Emma's things and sign her discharge paperwork.  Ava also has RSV, she also has an ear infection.  Ava did not require any oxygen, like Emma did, so she was started on antibiotics for the ear infection, monitored overnight and discharged this morning.  I was able to come home for a few hours so that we could celebrate Jackson's 4th birthday on Sunday (pics coming coon). 

The girls are doing better, still lots of coughing and not taking full bottles, but overall they are doing well.  They will see their pediatrician tomorrow and may need more chest x-rays to be sure they didn't develop pneumonia.  

Thanks for all of the well wishes, now I need to go attack some of the laundry and disinfect my house!


Tanya

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Tanya! What an ordeal! I'm so glad Ava was able to come home quickly and that you could be there for part of Jackson's birthday. Ugh, so hard! I hope everyone feels better very very soon.

    ReplyDelete